Our Beginnings and Vision
Camp Jericho; founded in 2011, is a coed faith based summer camp where kids experience the slower pace of life of times gone by. Created in an era where youth camps are closing and experiencing tremendous hardships, Camp Jericho has been rapidly growing in its first two years of enrollment, doubling in size from year one to year two! Nestled in South Lake Tahoe Mountains, we offer seclusion from the everyday city, and wonderful sceneries. It is our mission to provide an amazing experience where each child has the opportunity to explore themselves and others from many different backgrounds and cultures in a safe, positive, and challenging environment.
ARE STAFF STRIVES TO MENTOR CAMPERS IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
* Develop a positive self‐image.
* Develop self‐expression through drama, creative writing, art, and outside play
* Storytelling, creative writing, and many other forms of instruction, play and social activities.
* Develop social skills through group interaction.
* Develop a greater understanding and appreciation of the natural world.
* Develop moral, aesthetic, and religious values.
* Develop a respect for individual and cultural differences.
* Experience a high degree of success through developmental activities.
* Assume responsibility in given tasks.
During our camp we have various break-out sessions, evening activities and festivals, group projects, and times of sheer relaxation. Our young people are bombarded by a society driven by social media. Camp Jericho understands the value of non-electronic, personal experiences for kids; helping them tap into the very wonders of their own imagination. Our experienced team will be there to provide security and wisdom throughout the week; ensuring that all have an amazing experience. By the way, we must say our location isn’t bad on the eyes.